Here in the UK today, 7/03/19 is World Book Day! It’s mostly associated with going to school dressed up as your favourite book character and promoting children to read more. A very fun day, I have lot’s of fond memories of these days. As I’m an adult now, we don’t really do much. Instead I am going to do a blog post on my all time favourite childhood books. Here goes:
- Matilda by Roald Dahl: This is my all time favourite book(&movie).
- The Complete Tales Of Beatrix Potter: Peter Rabbit is a classic, and had to be included on this list! I have lot’s of special, vintage and new peter rabbit items,which I adore!
- Winnie The Pooh: Another classic,and one I still adore to this day. If you haven’t seen the movie ‘Goodbye Christopher Robin’ that came out last year, you’re missing out! I still wear Winnie the Pooh clothes, pin badges ect. So cute!
- The BFG by Roald Dahl: This author was probably my favourite once I began to read books on my own, so I’d probably include them all on this list,but BFG is one of my tops. Again this recently had a new movie that came out, which is really good! I adore the wording in this book, like Hopscotchy and Whizzpopping.
- Best Friends by Jacqueline Wilson: My favourite author as a child, I read every single book she put out. My favourite show was Tracy Beaker which is a programme based of one of her books. There are so many good books from this author that I could include.
- We are going on a bear hunt: This book was read to be so often as a child, especially in school. Rhyming book that everyone knows the words too.
Do you celebrate world book day?? Comment below, and share your favourite childhood story. Happy Reading!