- A book that is an exception when it comes to genres or elements you don’t typically like
Miss Peregrines home for peculiar childen (and subsequent novels). I have no idea how I first picked up this book, but I’m so glad I did. I’m now on book 4. The movies is also great! (Although I’m a wimp as I find it a little spooky haha)
- A book you enjoyed from a genre you previously held some stigma against
You’ll be surprised but Harry Potter… I refused to read any fantasy as I assumed I disliked liked all fantasy, oh was I wrong!
- A book you didn’t know was out of your comfort zone until you started reading it
A monster calls by Patrick ness. It’s not that it was ‘scary’ but it was definitely a shock to the system in comparison to my usual reads. I really enjoyed it.
- Pick a friend who motivates you to pick up books you might not normally be interested in—is there a book they convinced you to give a try?
As my blog is anonymous I can’t name names, but a book someone lent me was ‘The Kite Runner’ it’s a book I’ve heard about, but didn’t give it a second glance. I’m so glad I was told to read this!
- A book that is out of your comfort zone, but you would like to read
This previously would have been Harry Potter (if you’ve read my other posts, you’ll know) but I know I think it would have to be the ‘Red Queen’ series. I’m still not the biggest fantasy fan, but it gets sooo much love in the book community!
- A book or genre so outside of your comfort zone that you’ll probably never give it a chance-
I know it’ll sound harsh to some , but Manga is genre that I doubt I’ll start getting into.
This was a really fun tag, which made me think about my reading choice! I tag anyone reading this, I’d love to see how everyone’s differs! Happy Reading 🙂